In this article we will take a look at some of the best chosen firewire card . We would recommend using LinksTek PCIE FireWire Card for Windows 98/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/Server Desktop PCs(32/64bit)-IEEE 1394A FireWire 400-6Pin X3 Ports and 4Pin X1 Port-Include Low Profile Bracket(PCIE-1394A) as it is one of the best products currently available in the market
Top 9 best firewire card review:
LinksTek PCIE FireWire Card for Windows 98/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/Server Desktop PCs(32/64bit)-IEEE 1394A FireWire 400-6Pin X3 Ports and 4Pin X1 Port-Include Low Profile Bracket(PCIE-1394A)
- 1. PCIE-1394A will allow users add 4X 1394A (3X 6Pin and 1X 4Pin) ports on Windows PCs or Servers for Video,Photo and more 1394A device data transfer.
- 2. Fully compatible with all 1394A interface device such as CD-RW,DVD-ROM Drive,DV camcorder, digital camera,Hard Drives,1394A audio devices,1394A video devices.
- 3. FireWire 400 design make sure users get 400Mbps (65MB/S) data transfer rate. Low Profile Bracket inside works on both standard size and slim PCs.
- 4. Windows 98/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7(32/64bit),Windows Server 2008R2,2008,2003R2,2003(32/64bit) Plug and Play.Windows 8/8.1/10(32/64bit) Windows Server 2012,2012R2,2016,2019 Need Install Packed Legacy Driver in Mini CD.
Vantec 2+1 FireWire 800/400 PCIe Combo Host Card (UGT-FW210)
1 used from $29.75
- Works With Various Types Of FireWire 800 & FireWire 400 Devices Including External Hard Drives, DV Camcorder, Digital Camera, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive And Other Audio/Video Devices
- Provides Two FireWire 800 (1394b) Ports And One FireWire 400 (1394a) 6-Pin Port
- Enjoy Data Transfer Rates Of 100, 200, 400 and 800 Mbps
- Built-In 4-Pin Power Connector (Adapter May Be Required)
- Supports Hot-Swapping & Plug And Play
GODSHARK PCIe 3 Ports 1394A Firewire Expansion Card, PCI Express (1X) to External IEEE 1394 Adapter Controller (2 x 6 Pin + 1 x 4 Pin) for Desktop PC and DV Connection
- 1-Lane (x1) PCI-Express with transfer rate 2.5Gb/s full duplex channel.
- 3x External Ports (2 * 6 Pin + 1 * 4 Pin).
- Compliant with PCI-Express Revision 1.0a. Support 400/200/100Mbps data transfer rate.
- Compliant with IEEE 1394 OpenHCI Specifications V1.0 and V1.1
- Attention: Don't Support hot-plugging. Before installation, Turn off the power and then plug in the power cord.
StarTech.com 4 port PCI 1394a FireWire Adapter Card - 3 External 1 Internal FireWire PCI Card for Laptops (PCI1394MP)
1 used from $25.00
- Add 3 FireWire ports to a desktop computer through a PCI slot
- PCI FireWire Card
- 1394 PCI FireWire Card
- PCI FireWire 400
- 4 Port FireWire Card
ELIATER PCIe Firewire Card for Windows 10, IEEE 1394 PCI Express Controller 4 Ports(3 x 6 Pin and 1 x 4 Pin), 1394a Firewire 800 Adapter for Windows 7/8/Mac OS with Low Profile Bracket and Cable
- PCIe IEEE 1394 firewire adapter is backward compatible with devices in 400/200/100Mbps transmission speed. Provide with a low profile bracket and a firewire cable, your best choice of firewire card for PC.
- Works with Various Types of FireWire 800 (1394b) and 1394a Devices Including Portable Hard Disk, DV Camcorder, Digital Camera, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive and Other Audio/Video Devices.
- VIA chip, compliant with PCI Express Base Specification 1.0a and compliant with IEEE 1394-1995, 1394a-2000 and OHCI 1.1 Standards.
- Plug and play. It support Windows 98se/me/2000/XP/server 2003/Vista/7 32 bit /64 bit /win8/win10/Mac OS.
- No drive required, 1394 devices are built into Windows 98 2nd and above (included) operating systems, It does not need to download driver separately.
Tan QY 1394 Firewire Card,PCIe 3 Ports 1394A Firewire Expansion Card, PCI Express (1X) to External IEEE 1394 Adapter Controller (2 x 6 Pin + 1 x 4 Pin) for Desktop PC and DV Connection
- 1-Lane (x1) PCI-Express with transfer rate 2.5Gb/s full duplex channel
- 3x External Ports (2 * 6 Pin + 1 * 4 Pin)
- Compliant with PCI-Express Revision 1.0a. Support 400/200/100Mbps data transfer rate
- Compliant with IEEE 1394 OpenHCI Specifications V1.0 and V1.1
- No drive required, plug and play. Support Windows 98se/me/2000/XP/server 2003/Vista/7 32 bit /64 bit /win8
axGear PCIE PCI-E FIREWIRE IEEE 1394 3 Port FIRE Wire Controller Card for Desktop PC
- Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification 1.0a
- Compliant with IEEE 1394-1995, 1394a-2000 and OHCI 1.1 Standards
- PCI Express 1-lane(x1) FireWire adapters works with PCI Express slots with different lane width
- Installs in any available PCI Express slot and supports data transfer rates up to 400Mbps
- Three external and One internal 6-pin FireWire(1394a) ports to support DV camcorders, hard disk, removable drives, scanner, digital cameras and other FireWire audio/video devices
Syba Low Profile PCI-Express Firewire Card with Two 1394b Ports and One 1394a Port (2B1A), TI Chipset, Extra Regular Bracket SD-PEX30009
- Ports: 2x 1394B firewire ports, 1x 1394A firewire port, 1x 1394A firewire internal header (Shared Port)
- 1-Lane (x1) PCI-Express with transfer rate 2.5Gbps Full Duplex channel
- Compliant with PCI-Express Revision 1.0a
- Support provisions of IEEE Standard P1394b-2002
- Compliant with 1394 Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI) specification Revision 1.1 and 1.2 draft
Syba SY-PEX30016 3 Port IEEE 1394 Firewire 1394B & 1394A PCIe 1.1 x1 Card TI XIO2213B Chipset Requires Legacy Driver for Windows 8 10
- Simultaneous operation of multiple high-performance devices
- Supports hot-swapping and Plug-n-Play connection of peripheral devices
- Works with various types of FireWire 800 (1394b) and 1394A devices including portable Hard Disk, DV camcorder, digital Camera, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive and other Audio/video devices
- Support Provisions of IEEE P1394b Revision 1.33+. Compliant with IEEE 1394 OpenHCI specifications V1.0 and V1.1
- Fully Interoperable with FireWire, I Link, and SB1394 Implementation of IEEE 1394 standard
How to choose the best firewire card
There are some things you should consider when buying a firewire card. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a firewire card. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your firewire card and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most firewire cards fall within the price range of $ 19.99 to $ 11.99. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the LinksTek PCIE FireWire Card for Windows 98/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/Server Desktop PCs(32/64bit)-IEEE 1394A FireWire 400-6Pin X3 Ports and 4Pin X1 Port-Include Low Profile Bracket(PCIE-1394A).
If you want something medium range, choose StarTech.com 4 port PCI 1394a FireWire Adapter Card – 3 External 1 Internal FireWire PCI Card for Laptops (PCI1394MP). If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the axGear PCIE PCI-E FIREWIRE IEEE 1394 3 Port FIRE Wire Controller Card for Desktop PC
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the firewire card you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is axGear PCIE PCI-E FIREWIRE IEEE 1394 3 Port FIRE Wire Controller Card for Desktop PC
3. The brand
Buying the firewire card from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your firewire card to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a firewire card from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best firewire card?
The best firewire card is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is LinksTek PCIE FireWire Card for Windows 98/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/Server Desktop PCs(32/64bit)-IEEE 1394A FireWire 400-6Pin X3 Ports and 4Pin X1 Port-Include Low Profile Bracket(PCIE-1394A)
Are there any good deals on firewire card?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best firewire card and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest firewire card?
Although most of the cheaper firewire card do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on axGear PCIE PCI-E FIREWIRE IEEE 1394 3 Port FIRE Wire Controller Card for Desktop PC
Where can I buy the firewire card?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best firewire card
We hope you liked the firewire cards that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,