In this article we will take a look at some of the best chosen external sound cards . We would recommend using Creative Sound Blaster X4 Hi-Res 24bit/192kHz External USB DAC and Amp Sound Card, Super X-Fi, Multi-Channel, 7.1 Discrete Surround, Optical-in, Optical-out, Line-in, Mic-in, Headset-in for PC and Mac as it is available at reasonable price
Best external sound cards Review :
Creative Sound Blaster X4 Hi-Res 24bit/192kHz External USB DAC and Amp Sound Card, Super X-Fi, Multi-Channel, 7.1 Discrete Surround, Optical-in, Optical-out, Line-in, Mic-in, Headset-in for PC and Mac
- 7.1 DISCRETE SURROUND WITH SUPER X-FI AND DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE - Supports up to 7.1 discrete and virtual surround with three types of surround sound delivery: 1. Super X-Fi technology that recreates the listening experience of a multi-speaker system in headphone, 2. Sound Blaster Surround Virtualization’s famed surround processing that is driven by algorithms that are capable of optimizing spatial information of incoming audio for a complete and immersive auditory experience, 3. Dolby Digital Live
- IMPROVED COMMUNICATION WITH SMARTCOMMS KIT AND CRYSTALVOICE - Features our SmartComms Kit, a suite of smart communication features that simplify the way you take work calls on Windows 10 platform. Turn on VoiceDetect to auto mute and unmute your mic, or get rid of static background noise in your own environment as well as the other parties' via our two-way noise cancellation feature NoiseClean. In tandem, CrystalVoice technology enhances voice for clear recordings and in-game communications
- CONNECT WITH EVERYTHING - With a newly added optical-in port, it is now much easier to connect multiple audio devices, from external microphones and headsets, to platforms like your PC, Mac, gaming consoles, and even your multi-channel speaker systems. Just power up the Sound Blaster X4 via the USB-C port, and enjoy high-quality audio with everything. The Sound Blaster X4 is also a headphone amplifier that is capable of driving studio-grade headphones of up to 600Ω
- EASY ACCESS TO ALL CONTROLS - Pick between three EQ modes or re-program them, and save your settings on the device. There are also the Direct Mic Mute, Direct Mode, Super X-Fi and SXFI BATTLE Mode on/off buttons, as well as a speaker (Line-out) and headphones switch button. After a one-time setup, instantly adjust the volume levels between two audio sources (SPDIF / Optical / USB) with the Audio Balance feature via the volume knob, perfect for communicating with music on
- GAME AND HEAR YOUR WAY – Choose between SXFI BATTLE Mode or Scout and get to winning your FPS game. Configure each element of your audio settings or switch them off completely via the Creative app. Access the full range of audio adjustments via the PC app, or make quick adjustments to your EQ settings from your phone. All these are powered by our Sound Blaster’s audio promise with 114 dB audio clarity and hi-res 192 kHz/24-bit playback
Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools | First
6 used from $114.00
- One of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable air Mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound. One high-headroom instrument input to plug in your guitar or bass. Two hum-free balanced outputs provide clean audio playback.
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/ 192kHz.
- Quick start tool to get up and running easier than ever.
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, Ableton Live Lite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite, 3-month Splice subscription, and your choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument, all available via download upon purchase and registration
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: One year of completely FREE distribution of your next single with TuneCore!
Sound BlasterX G6 Hi-Res 130dB 32bit/384kHz Gaming DAC, External USB Sound Card with Xamp Headphone Amp, Dolby Digital, 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound, Sidetone/Speaker Control for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo
1 used from $333.46
- UPGRADE YOUR GAMES ON PS4, XBOX ONE, NINTENDO SWITCH, AND PC | Get immediate increased enjoyment over basic motherboard and controller audio! Apart from incredible audio quality, the Sound BlasterX G6 boasts gaming-centric features such as Sidetone volume control and easy-to-reach profile buttons
- INDUSTRY-LEADING AUDIO PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY | Enjoy full audio customization and enhanced audio realism with immersive 7.1 surround virtualization, accurate cues, bass boost and in-game voice communication enhancements. It also has Scout Mode than enhances in-game audio cues, letting you hear your enemies before they hear you
- 7.1 VIRTUAL SURROUND SOUND AND DOLBY DIGITAL | Enjoy the latest in immersion technology with Dolby Digital decoding or Sound Blaster’s proprietary surround sound perfect for games and movies
- DISCRETE HEADPHONE AMP | Custom-designed Xamp headphone amplifier features discrete components through all stages of amplification in a bi-amp design. Each audio channel is individually amplified to deliver a whole new level of pristine audio fidelity in an authentic, unaltered lossless model. The ultra-low 1 Ohm output impedance perfectly drives performance-grade sensitive 8W in-ear monitors all the way to studio-grade 600W headphones
- 130dB DNR, 32-bit 384kHz DAC Advanced 32-bit oversampled multi-bit modulator with mismatch shaping technology eliminates distortion, ensuring audio is streamed with the highest level of detail and fidelity
Creative Sound BlasterX G5 7.1 Headphone Surround HD Audio External Sound Card with Headphone Amplifier for Windows PC / Mac / PS4 / and Other Consoles
- Native 7.1 Surround Sound Support
- Immersive 3D PC Gaming Audio
- Best-in-class Console Gaming Audio
- Blaster Acoustic Engine Pro
- Audiophile-grade Headphone Amplifier
EPOS I Sennheiser GSX 300, Gaming Dac/External Sound Card with 7:1 Surround, High Resolution Audio EQ presets for Gaming, Movies and Music - Audio Gaming Amplifier for PC and MAC Compatible, Black
8 used from $62.43
- EXTERNAL SOUND CARD - Upgrade your gaming audio instead of relying on your PC’s on-board sound with the GSX 300 external sound card. The gaming amplifier is a hassle-free plug-and-play solution.
- HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO - The GSX 300 with EPOS engineered audio delivers high resolution 7.1 surround sound (with the proprietary EPOS gaming suite) for acoustic clarity and accuracy for an immersive gaming experience.
- EPOS GAMING SUITE - The proprietary EPOS Gaming Suite for Windows 10 is the result of years of refinement and audio engineering. Digital sound processing allows the customizing of sound profiles in 7.1 Surround Sound
- SIMPLE AND INTUITIVE DESIGN - The GSX 300 is an in-line upgrade between your headset and PC with simple plug-and-play. An integrated hardware allows finger-tip control of the game volume, sound profiles and modes.
- STYLISH MINIMALIST DESIGN - A contemporary high-tech look, yet unobtrusive minimalist footprint, perfect for any gaming setup.
T10 External Sound Card, PHOINIKAS USB Audio Adapter for PC Windows, Mac, Linux, Laptops, Desktops, Stereo Sound Card with 3.5mm Interface & USB Interface, Volume Control, Plug & Play (6-in-1, Black)
- PLUG & PLAY USB SOUND CARD: PHOINIKAS USB audio adapter can be used to replace a faulty sound card or audio port. Add a 3.5mm port to the computer through the USB port. You can connect devices with 3.5mm jacks /2.0 USB jacks through the USB interface: headphones, speakers, microphone or USB device. Plug and play, no driver required.
- COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with all common systems, including Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac IOS, etc. At the same time, you can connect multiple USB devices or 3.5mm interface devices to PC, laptop, PS4, Xbox One, etc., such as keyboard, mouse, card reader, webcam, MP3 player, earphone, microphone, etc.
- PERSONALIZED FUNCTION & 4 FEET CABLE: The sound card has a variety of sound effects, you can switch by "EQ", also has mini LED indicator, surround sound, unique volume control keys, microphone mute, speaker mute and volume up / down function keys, You can change traditional volume controls and increase the level of game audio. In addition, with a 4 feet cable, you can place your sound card anywhere.
- STEREO SOUND ADAPTER: The External sound card has 360 ° stereo sound surround to prevent electromagnetic interference, and has stable and best sound quality. Ideal for Skype / ICQ / Google Hangouts / Team Speak, it is also suitable for operating a second source of speakers and headphones simultaneously.
- MULTI-PORT SOUND CARD: PHOINIKAS external sound card is a sound card with audio chip, it has 6 ports, 3 of which are USB2.0 ports, and the other 3 are 3.5mm ports. Multiple ports can be plugged in at the same time, no additional adapters are required.
EPOS | Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier / External Sound Card, with 7.1 Surround Sound, Side Tone, Gaming DAC and EQ, Headphone amp Compatible with Windows, Mac, Laptops and Desktops.
6 used from $169.00
- Binaural Rendering Engine With 7.1 Surround - The Proprietary High-Tech Audio Engine Delivers Exceptional Spatial Awareness And Positional Game Audio. Delivers The Game Audio Details And Positional Audio Cues.
- Quick Setting Changes – Save Up To 4 Customized Sound Settings On The Led Touch Panel That Allows One-Touch Mode Switch, Also Between Headphone And Speaker Listening And Make Fast Adjustments With A Large Aluminum Volume Ring
- Eq Settings – Get Precise Control Of Your Game Audio With A Dedicated Dac Chip And Eq Presets. Specially Attuned Audio Presets For Competitive Gaming Focus And Balance Sound Frequencies Where They Are Needed
- Sidetone- Sidetone Control Lets You Adjust The Loudness Of Your Own Voice In Your Headset: You Know What You Are Saying, Tune In To Your Teammates.
UGREEN USB Audio Adapter External Stereo Sound Card with 3.5mm Headphone and Microphone Jack for Windows Mac Linux PC Laptops Desktops PS5 Black
- Ideal Sound Card Option : UGREEN USB audio adapter is ideal to replace your faulty sound card or audio port, it adds a mono microphone-in and a stereo audio-out port to your computer through a USB port, which enables you to connect your existing headphones, headset, speakers, or microphone with 3.5mm jack to your PC through a USB interface.
- Practical Stereo Sound Adapter: It protects against electromagnetic interference and enjoy the stable and best sound quality. Quite great for Skype/ICQ/Google Hangouts/TeamSpeak, additionally suitable as a second sound source for simultaneous operation of loudspeakers and headphones.
- Superior Features: No driver required, just plug and play! USB bus-powered, no external power required for this convenient sound card.
- Wide Compatibility: Windows 10/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/Linux/Mac OSX/PS5/PS4/Google Chromebook/Windows Surface Pro 3/Raspberry Pi are ok with the USB to audio adapter. Please kindly note it only supports mono microphone TRS, it does not support TS, TRRS. Not compatible with PS3.
- Compact and Portable: Durable ABS material made the USB to headphone adapter compact and lightweight. IMPORTANT NOTE: This usb audio converter only supports mono microphone TRS, does NOT support TS, TRRS.
Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and Play No Drivers Needed. (AU-MMSA)
- Connectors: USB Type-A, Stereo output jack, Mono microphone-input jack.
- Driverless for Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/Linux/Mac OSX.
- USB bus-powered, no external power required.
- Reverse Compliant with USB Audio Device Class Specification 1.0
5 Things You need to consider when choosing the external sound cards in 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a external sound cards. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a external sound cards. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your external sound cards and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most external sound cardss fall within the price range of $ 159.99 to $ 224.99. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Creative Sound Blaster X4 Hi-Res 24bit/192kHz External USB DAC and Amp Sound Card, Super X-Fi, Multi-Channel, 7.1 Discrete Surround, Optical-in, Optical-out, Line-in, Mic-in, Headset-in for PC and Mac.
If you want something medium range, choose Creative Sound BlasterX G5 7.1 Headphone Surround HD Audio External Sound Card with Headphone Amplifier for Windows PC / Mac / PS4 / and Other Consoles. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the EPOS | Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier / External Sound Card, with 7.1 Surround Sound, Side Tone, Gaming DAC and EQ, Headphone amp Compatible with Windows, Mac, Laptops and Desktops.
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the external sound cards you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is EPOS | Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier / External Sound Card, with 7.1 Surround Sound, Side Tone, Gaming DAC and EQ, Headphone amp Compatible with Windows, Mac, Laptops and Desktops.
3. The brand
Buying the external sound cards from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your external sound cards to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a external sound cards from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best external sound cards?
The best external sound cards is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Creative Sound Blaster X4 Hi-Res 24bit/192kHz External USB DAC and Amp Sound Card, Super X-Fi, Multi-Channel, 7.1 Discrete Surround, Optical-in, Optical-out, Line-in, Mic-in, Headset-in for PC and Mac
Are there any good deals on external sound cards?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best external sound cards and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest external sound cards?
Although most of the cheaper external sound cards do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on EPOS | Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier / External Sound Card, with 7.1 Surround Sound, Side Tone, Gaming DAC and EQ, Headphone amp Compatible with Windows, Mac, Laptops and Desktops.
Where can I buy the external sound cards?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best external sound cards
We hope you liked the external sound cardss that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,